Tuesday, October 18, 2011

To Facebook or not to Facebook?

My initial impression of Facebook was "How great, I can get on here and talk to my friends who are anywhere." I really liked the idea of this website. As a young teenager I saw it as another "myspace" type thing. On Facebook I can talk to my friends who live out of state and family from all over. It brings people together and that is one of the best things about Facebook. However, just like anything that you put your info into online, millions of people can find out a decent amount about your life. Also what you post on there could have a major impact on your life. If you post a picture of you doing something stupid, you may not get that job you're applying for. You have to be aware of the dangers there. The reading didn't have much of an effect on me really. I do think that if someone under the age of 13 is creating a profile they need parent consent just because most young teens don't think things all the way through sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment